PINK-The Series Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development of Pink

3 posters

Go down

Development of Pink Empty Development of Pink

Post  rlamador Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:40 am

Hi, this is directed to the producers of Pink The Series. I'm really inspired by the show you've created, and I've been developing a web series that I'd like to publish in a similar fashion. I have all the source documentation one would need to begin to pitch the series, a series bible and character sheets as well as concept art, a teaser demo, etc. but I'm not sure the best way to proceed as nobody I know has done this before, most of the producers I know work in feature films and put projects together in a generally established fashion.

My main question has to do with the order in which you developed your series. It's my understanding that you're represented by Generate LA to some extent, and I'm wondering how you initiated that representation, and at what stage in development you did so.

I'm also wondering at what stage you were able to negotiate terms for release on some of the more exclusive web venues, such as Hulu and Vuze, and what your understanding is of those venues' policy and process for acquiring/featuring independent content.

My gut tells me I just need to start cold calling web studios, and web video divisions of studios, but if I wait a month I know I can secure management through a friend, but then again I'm not sure what kind of partnership I'd need down the line, it might be worth it to try and ally with representation like Generate or UTA Online that specializes in web video content.

I'm a professional filmmaker, I've produced over 70 projects independently, and I'm hoping to hop over and get some marketing and distribution support for this series from an institution capable of giving it. I have some innovative ideas about how to properly monetize web content and it's just a matter of getting the ideas in front of the right people.

Thank you! Any help would be appreciated.

Rene Amador
http://foodforthemoon.com

rlamador

Back to top Go down

Development of Pink Empty Re: Development of Pink

Post  Admin Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 am

Very sorry for the slow reply here. Our server hasn't been notifying us of forum posts properly! Hope by now you've found answers to your questions... Smile

But all we did, and it sounds cliche' - is make a good show. Or at least we try to make a good show. Content is King, and if you produce quality material it will get noticed. We were (and really still are) very independent minded and produced the first season of "Pink" that way. It got noticed by UTA (who signed us) and then we ended up selling it to Generate, and subsequently produced seasons 2 and 3 with them. Now we're working on a season 4, but there are no guarantees that will happen. The web series space is really crowded today (especially compared to fall 2007 when our show broke out). Everyone is vying for the ad dollars and there's only so much to go around.

So long story short, produce your show and post it EVERYWHERE. YouTube, Myspace, Facebook, Metacafe, Vimeo, Blip, etc. Send out press releases to Tubefilter, NewTeeVee, TilzyTV, etc. If it's good, you'll get noticed.

Good luck!

Admin
Admin

https://pinktheseries.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinky Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks for the advice. I am just starting out as an amateur film maker. I have posted a couple of short films on youtube and have a pretty good response there, but have been clueless on how I should go about promoting from there. It would be great if I could actually make a living from my work, and now I have somewhat of a road map. Thank you very much.

hh gregg

Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down